Morning all! Ready to dive into another week? Let’s get to it!
1. New routine. The husband has gone back to work today after nearly nine months off. It was bizarre waving him off to the first day at his new job this morning, then closing the door to find myself in an empty house (well, empty other than the two dogs freaking out about the new robotic vacuum cleaner). Although I genuinely enjoy my own company, I got used to having him around the place every day. And weirdly, his presence made me procrastinate less: I would work hard to get all my work finished quickly so that we could hang out and do stuff. Now I find myself looking for a new routine. I’m sure I’ll figure it out before too long… I’d better, I’ve got deadlines aplenty this week!
2. Aches and pains. I don’t know if it’s a sign of getting older or perhaps has something to do with spending up to 10 hours a day hunched over my laptop, but I have my fair share of old lady aches and pains. Several friends have raved to me about the effects of osteopathy, so I’m finally going to check it out for myself this week. Hey, anything that could potentially alleviate the hunchback I’ve got developing over my left shoulder has got to be worth a shot, right?! Have you tried osteopathy? I’d love to hear about your experiences!
3. Proper autumn. Do you realise we’re already halfway through autumn? I don’t know how it’s been in your neck of the woods, but round my way nothing much has changed since summer. Which is to say it’s still warm and humid. Every. Damn. Day. Don’t get me wrong, I like a sunny day as much as the next girl, but cold weather is my happy climate. And according to the forecast (which is always right, as we know), this week should finally bring some of that to Sydney. Showers and temps of around 20 are predicted for Sydney this week. Woot!
4. This puppy. Because if your week isn’t improved by looking at a Golden Retriever puppy in onesie pyjamas, there is something very, very wrong with you.
5. Knees-up. I was going to start this sentence with ‘I can’t remember the last time I spent a lazy Saturday afternoon at the pub’, but then realised that would be a blatant lie because I do it ALL THE TIME. So instead I will say that I am very much looking forward to setting up camp at a favourite local with some good friends this weekend. I do love a good, old fashioned knees-up!
6. Return. I may be slightly biased given I credit Michael Shannon with changing my life, but I just can’t figure out why he’s not a huge, enormous, giant movie star. Everything I’ve seen him in has been amazing, from Boardwalk Empire to Revolutionary Road to Take Shelter. I’m even going to go see the new Superman movie just because he’s in it. Me. At a superhero blockbuster. That, my friends, is true devotion. But I digress. This week I’ll be watching his latest film, Return, in which he plays the partner of a returned American servicewoman (played by ER’s Linda Cardellini). Why do so many of MS’s flicks go straight to DVD? It makes no SENSE!
7. And this puppy, too. Look, I never said this blog wouldn’t become an unabashed portal of puppy worship, okay?! (But seriously, look how sweet!)